#2 Eyelash Adhesives

Is the lash extension adhesive “surgical grade”? Eyelash extension adhesives are not used in surgery or used to glue soft tissue on humans. This is another silly marketing tactic. Please ask what medical facility or organisation is using the eyelash glue in a medical procedure if you are told this nonsense. Adhesive produced for medical applications has some similarities and may share an ingredient or two with eyelash extension adhesives but it is doubtful that if the local hospital runs out of surgical glue that they will reach for some eyelash glue.
Hypoallergenic Eyelash Extension Adhesive: It must be awesome if it is hypoallergenic! What does hypoallergenic mean anyways? The term “hypoallergenic” is purely a marketing term. There is really no standard of this term. It is not a scientific, medical or government regulated term. Greek prefix hypo means “less” and allergenic means “causing allergies.” The American Food and Drug Administration states, “ Hypoallergenic cosmetics are products that manufacturers claim produce fewer allergic reactions than other cosmetic products. Consumers with hypersensitive skin, and even those with “normal” skin, may be led to believe that these products will be gentler to their skin than non-hypoallergenic cosmetics. There are no Federal standards or definitions that govern the use of the term “hypoallergenic.” So what this means is that hypoallergenic means absolutely NOTHING. Methyl acrylate - Fast drying high fumes Ethyl Acrylate - low fumes, fast drying Surical glue medical grade- a silly marketing trick.
The active ingredient in eyelash extensions glue is Cyanoacrylates. Cyanoacrylates do not dry, but instead “cure” as they are met with a catalyst like water or alcohol.
Water is by far the simplest activator to use around the eyes. We also know that when cured (thorough cure is achieved in 24 hours *if* left to cure naturally, drawing moisture from the ambient air), this adhesive is an inert plastic. Once it is cured, it is harmless – inert. It no longer is capable of being an irritant. AND-It is waterproof to a reasonable extent. If soaked (submerged) in water for a long period of time, it will degrade and lose its strength of bond. If just subjected to washing, showering, etc; no problem